Thursday 20 February 2014

Ramadan is a time of love, caring and sharing


Mahmoud aged 22 years old; a Yemeni young man lives in a village called Arook. It takes about two hours by car from Taiz. His father passed away when he was a child. His mom is a housewife with six children. His old brother is married and lives with his family in the same house. The house is very small and barely they could move and it’s not airy.
Mahmoud was a very enthusiastic man and he does have dreams like the other young men. Two years ago, went up to the roof and by all the sudden he lost his balance and he was about to fall off but caught the electricity pillar instead the rope which frightfully caused him a total paralysis. Since then, he has been staying in the bed. Sadly, His body is full of chilblain and there is a long pipe sticks to his body which helps him to pass water.
I looked at him deeply and I asked him” what do you want?” “I do not know what I want because I’m already dead with tears came out” Mahmoud answered.
I and my crew decided to help him and give him hope to this life and the first step was for us to give him a book. Mohamed is an only example for many people like him!



No comments:

Post a Comment